Friday, July 11, 2008

A few short steps

We only have one full week left in Hawaii. We are both excited to get to Alabama and see our new home and pick up our puppies. Although, I realized that there were a few places that I wanted to see before I left. Tomorrow we are hiking to the top of Diamond Head, an extremely old extinct volcano. Here is a website that has a diagram of the hike. http://www.travelwithachallenge.com/Hawaii_Diamondhead.htm

We are also planning on also going to Manoa Falls because I want to see a beautiful waterfall and if possible, swim in it. So we shall see how it goes. It says that you are not supposed to swim in the water but we shall see, I may sneak in for a quick picture. If I can't, we may have to go to the Audobon Society and hike to the waterfall they have on their property. I will definitely have pictures to post after tomorrow.

Oh yeah, it will be about 3 1/4 miles for the Diamond Head hike and about 3 miles for the Manoa Falls Hike so I am sure that tomorrow evening I will sleep very well.

No comments: