Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What would you do?

Now, I know that we just elected our first african american president, had an unprecedented amount of voters turn out, and are on the cusp of some of the most challenging times in US history but what everybody seems to want to know is...what kind of dog will our President Elect Obama be getting for his adventure in the white house!

Personally, I think we should not be so worried about what dog they are going to get. I think that those 2 girls whose lives are about to be turned upside down for the next 4 years at least should get to chose a dog that they want without animal rights activists making the whole situation into something more than it is. It is not about Obama's stance on animal shelters and thier inhabitants it is about almost every childs dream to get to pick out there first puppy/cat/bird/guinea pig/etc. There is even a polls (yes plural...not just one) out there about what dog they should pick.
Elect Obamas Dog Poll 1
Elect Obams Dog Poll 2

I had told my dad what I was feeling about all this dog business and I said that what they needed was a shichon. They are still a 'mutt' technically, they don't shed, they are hypo-allergenic, very friendly, playful, smart, and very cute. Then my dad asked me, 'Well, what would you do if Michell O. called and told you that she had heard you had a great dog that they think would be perfect for them and wanted to buy Buddie from you.' I did not know what to say, I think he would be a perfect white house dog but I don't think I could give him up. I told my dad that I would have to have unlimited visitation rights on their dime or maybe just live in the white house as Buddie's care taker. ;-) I asked Randy the same question and he said 'H!$* no, Buddie is my dog! I would be the person who turned down the president!'

So, what do you think? Would you give your animal (of any species) to the president if he asked? And who is saying that the Obama's only have to get one dog...personally I think there is enough room and help in the white house for more than one animal but what do I know, these are the important issues that our President Elect needs to worry about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. I think you should mail your letter to the Michelle Obama with the highlights. I love your spunk. Mom