Friday, September 21, 2007

Hawaii...I made it!

Well, I made it to Hawaii on Wednesday with only one minor glitch. When I went to get my rental car I found out that only tourists can use a debit card at Alamo car rental. Unless you have a return ticket you have to use a credit card. So, needless to say I didn't have the money on my credit card at the time. I know it is business but I was a little frustrated with the whole thing. It all got worked out though and I got a car and found my way to my new apartment. (Slideshow at the end of the post) It is very nice! I spent my first day basically going to Wal-mart for a few things and sleeping. The next day I ventured out and found Home Depot and Costco and made it back to my apartment without getting lost! I know, it's an island, I can't get to lost or I will be in the ocean. I also planted a few flower pots so that it looks a little more like somebody lives her since I have no furniture. I am sleeping on an air mattress which is also substituting as a dining room table, couch, and chair. So all in all things are going well. I have met a lot of my neighbors and they are all very nice and have already invited me and Randy to the Halloween block party they have. So...here are the pictures of the apartment and my flowers. Randy should be back by the middle of next week so I have a few days to relax and just hang out in beautiful Hawaii. Thanks again to everybody for a wonderful summer!

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice and I bet will look best with furniture. I like the daisy color. Your other flower pot will fill in nicely, I am sure. We miss you and love you. Mom