Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ceramics, Girl Time, and Volunteering

As many of you know I really enjoy doing different types of arts and crafts. Whether it be scrap booking, card making, knitting, cross stitch, and now ceramics I am there. This morning a few of the other spouses that I have met since I got here got together at the craft building on post and painted ceramics. We got there at 10:00 AM and didn't leave until 3:15 PM. We had a great time and for my first time working with ceramics I have to say I didn't do to bad. I have been meeting new people already (no surprise). I have met many of the people that live in my cul d sac and a few spouses of soldiers in Randy's company. We plan on going back to do ceramics again next weekend so stand by for more pictures of my beautiful work (I am going to paint the boy that goes with my girl). I even bought my own brushes to make some of the detail work a little easier next time. I also went up to the elementary school that is just up the street and volunteered if they need me. As of right now I will be helping to tutor some kindergarten students on numbers. It will be twice a week as of right now but I am really excited and the lady said she would write me a letter of recommendation when I am done! That is it for now...not exactly sure when Randy comes in yet but I will keep ya'll posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute! Love the soccer shoes. Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such good times with your friends and family. They are important to your life and we all love you and had a ball doing all we did. We are all ready for more adventures. I also want someone to help figure out how to keep Walker from climbing over the gate.

Love you and I am proud of the person you are and the person you are growing to be. Keep doing the things you love. Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making friends over there. The military is one big family. We value the many friendships we made during our time in the Air Force and keep in touch with many of them still.

It was great to see you this summer. Keep in touch! Love the ceramics! I used to do some of that but that was a LONG time ago. Hope to hear from you soon!

Love Aunt Jan & Uncle Mike