Sunday, May 11, 2008

Before I was a dog Mom

I got this from another dog website, thought you would enjoy it:)

Before I was a Dog Mom:I made and ate hot meals unmolested.I had unstained, unfurred clothes.I had quiet conversations on the phone,even if the doorbell rang.

Before I was a Dog Mom:I slept as late as I wantedand never worried about how late I got to bedor if I could get into my bed.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I cleaned my house every day.I never tripped over toys, stuffies, chewiesor invited the neighbor's dog over to play.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers,plastic bags, toilet paper, soap or deodorantwere poisonous or dangerous.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I had never been peed on,pooped on, drooled on,chewed on or pinched by puppy teeth.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I had complete control of my thoughts,my body and mind.I slept all night without sharing the covers or pillow.

Before I was a Dog Mom:I never looked into big, soulful eyes and cried.I never felt my heart break into a million pieceswhen I couldn't stop a hurt.I never knew something so furry and four-legged could affect my heart so deeply.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I had never held a sleeping puppyjust because I couldn't put it down.I had never gotten up in the middle of the nightevery 10 minutes to make sure all was well.I didn't know how warm it feels insideto feed a hungry puppy.I didn't know that something so smallcould make me feel so important.
Before I was a Dog Mom:I had never known the warmth, the joy,the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being A Dog Mom.

Happy Mom's Day...Are you doing anything special with your pups today?

1 comment:

The Goodfellas said...

cute post :)
thanks for the mother's day message! are you guys coming for Christmas?