Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A little throwback

Not to many of you will recognize these signs or stores, only my peeps from the 425 Renton area will know what these are. Okay, enough slang. We used to have a store called Hop-In Grocery where I could go and get .5, .10, and .25 cent candy and bottles of Jolt Cola (a super caffeinated soda). I used to ride my bike the mile to the store with my neighbor, with money stolen borrowed out of my moms purse. Then when I would come home, my brother would go through the bag and take candy from it. He would blackmail me and tell me that if I didn't give him some he would tell mom. What a great brother! ;-) Isn't that what being siblings is all about? Suprisingly, he does not remember doing this. The other place is Chuck's Donuts, an awesome donut store that is still around but doesn't look the same or taste the same. Both places are actually around but they are definitely not what I remember from my younger years.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right Christy. They are not the same. I bought a donut the other day and it was raw in the middle. The old Chuck's Donuts would not have been like that. You forgot about the old Trudie's fruit stand. It is still there but way to fancy and it has a new name. Do you want pictures of the new stores?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot. I want my money back, please. Mom