Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're Going to Alabama with a Banjo on our Knee

Well, we have arrived in Enterprise, AL. We have been here for two weeks now and things are going well. I would almost say they are going great but Buddie had a run in with fire ants and in turn I did also when I was washing him off. So far we have had 2 delivery trucks of household goods. The stuff from Hawaii was unloaded and put away by the 2nd day it was here. The truck with all of my stuff was unloaded a few days ago and is still being gone through. It is like Christmas for me, there are things that I didn't even remember having. I do have to say that it is nice having all of my stuff in one place finally. We do miss our Hawaii friends dearly and are looking forward to seeing some of them soon when they move here. We had a great time in Washington and on our drive down to Alabama. It went pretty smoothly and we also got to see my Van Houten side of the family on our way through Boise. As always, we went to Grandma Archer's and got fed until we couldn't eat anymore! We already saw a couple of friends and their new baby, what a cutie. We also got to see some of our friends that we met when we were in our ATC training back in 2004. Janice was my roommate and Keith and Randy were friends also. They are married and have a son and a baby girl on the way!

We are very excited about our new home. I did have a light pink bathroom that is now painted Vanilla Brandy, so much better than before. I also have a light flourescent green room that will eventually get painted also. We really enjoy having the space and the big backyard. The house is 1900 sqft and the backyard is fenced and has plenty of room for Buddie and Baylee to run free. They are loving it out there, sometimes a little to much and I end up chasing them to get them inside. Randy also got his first propane grill, he was very excited and so was I. I liked it because there is a rotisserie that comes with it and now that we have a grill Randy will cook more! Well, enough talking, here are the pictures. Please ignore some of the clutter, we just moved in! :-)


It might take a little while for some of the photos to load, if you can't see them for some reason let me know and I will just post them normally instead of a slide show.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts

4 comments:

3WalterPeas said...

Hey Chickie!!! The pics are fabulous!!! The green room doesn't look bad!! I like the new color of the bathroom!!! The house looks great!!! Congrats again and I am so happy you guys are almost settled!!! We miss you in HI!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome back to the mainland you landlubbers you!!

Megan said...

hello! what a nice little home!! I'm excited for you and your new life.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Buddie to be King of the Mt. in the picture. At least he did not have fire ants on him in the bed. I love the re-painted bathrooma and the window over the tub. You lucky two with such a beautiful home for me to come visit. I can hardly wait to give you a great big hug in your new home. I love you guys. We miss you bunches. Mom