Monday, July 23, 2007

Such a Small World

So today I was very lucky to be able to get a massage at InSpa. It was a great 1 1/2 hours that I got to relax and not have to think or do anything. I was able to stick to the not doing anything part but the not thinking part lasted all of 10 minutes. Then I would start thinking about different stuff and when I realized I was thinking about all sorts of things I had to remind myself to stop thinking. Eventually I relaxed enough that I was able to just lay there and enjoy. Thanks mom for the gift card!!!!
So, to explain how my new craft got started I have to explain a short encounter. So here goes it; About 3 days after I got back into town I went to have coffee with my Pastor. When I was leaving I had a young lady give me this story of how they ran out of gas and so on. So I decided to go against my better judgement and buy a gas can, fill it with 5 gallons of gas, and go back to give it to them. To my surprise...THEY WERE GONE!!! So, I was turning around in the parking lot when I passed this young lady with two kids and asked her if she wanted the gas because I didn't want to keep it in my car. So, I emptied the gas into her tank, we said our Thank Yous, and we went our separate ways. The following Sunday when I went to church guess who was standing by the front door but the lady I had given the gas to. It turns out that she goes to my church! So that is my story of just how small this world can be sometimes. SO...as we got to talking she offered to teach me to knit. As my first project I am sure you can imagine what I am making....A POTHOLDER!!! I would like to be able to get to the point that I can make some more advanced projects but I am working slowly in order to make sure that I learn correctly. So thanks Vanessa for teaching me to knit and being such a great listener and sharing your experiences with me. I will be back to learn more.



I also got to enjoy some scrapbooking time with another young woman from my church. I took a picture of my LO (layout for those who don't know scrap speak) I know it is difficult to see but I don't have a scanner right now. We had a great dinner and some great conversation. We have to get together again soon so that we can make some more pages and of course catch up on the rest of the happenings in each others lives. Thanks for stopping by Paula! All in all, I had a pretty good day and really enjoyed getting to spend some time with two amazing women.

No comments: