Friday, July 6, 2007

Washington or Bust! Thank Yous First

Well, first things first. I am out of of the Army! Second, due to a few different circumstances I decided to move all of my household goods to Renton approximately 4 days ago (Tues). So, after realizing it would cost a small fortune to have somebody move it for me I decided it would only cost a smaller fortune to do it myself...with a little help that is. So first off, thanks to my parents for the gas money and all the help with making sure my car is safe for me to drive. (Even though it is sitting on a car carrier behind the Penske truck right now.) Next, thanks go to my brother who flew in last night (Thursday night at 1000) to help me drive this rig up to Washington. Even with getting lost on my way to the airport which I have been to many, many times in Austin. And then we got back to my Sister-In-Laws house to finish loading up the truck. Thanks to Megan who let me borrow her husband the day after their 2 year anniversary. A few more thanks and then I will make another blog with pictures and updates on our trip. Thanks to my Sister-In-Law Linda for keeping all of my stuff in her garage for so long, car included, and for helping me unload everything when I brought it down there and helping to load up half of it this time. Also, thanks to Nicole and Raven, two of my nieces who helped pack up the truck also. Almost done, I would like to thank Gail for being such a great listener and for helping to take care of me as if I was her own daughter. And thanks to Sami for always making me laugh. Last but not least, to Dedra, Ross, and my boys for including me in your family. I also want to say thank you to everybody who has been praying for me over the past years and especially lately as I have been going through so much change and start some new adventures in my life.

Plus, I am writing this post in the moving truck driving down the freeway. My brother set up his phone to be used as a modem so we have internet while we drive, as long as we aren’t going through an area without coverage. I still cannot believe how much technology has changed since the big gray phone that weighed as much as a small dog.

1 comment:

The Goodfellas said...

looking forward to seeing your pictures! glad to hear you're back! :-)