Monday, March 5, 2007

I Promise...this time I will keep updating


Well, so far it has been a pretty quick 5 months here. The picture above is from when Randy came to visit me in Kalsu. Kalsu is still quiet and small...picture a small town. You wake up every day knowing that nothing drastic is going to have changed. We do have a PX that is sometimes stocked, a new gym (with old equipment), a new MWR (which I haven't been in), and our new DFAC that seems like it had better food when it first opened. All in all though, it is not to bad in my little town over here. The weather is still pretty moderate and actually is a nice temperature most of the time. Unfortunately, that means the critters will be coming out. I can already tell that the sand fleas are starting to come out...they are in my room. I have my room to myself right now because my old roommate, Lilly, got pregnant when she went home on leave. So I am enjoying not having to worry about falling asleep with the TV on or getting off work at midnight and turning the light on. Randy and I will be going on leave in the end of April...Disneyworld here we come. We are both super excited to take a vacation together...2 whole weeks.
I am trying to read some more instead of watching so many movies but I have found that it is easier to watch a movie and be on the internet than it is to try and read a book and email and update. I know sorry excuse huh. I also have ordered some scrapbooking books so that I can be ready to scrapbook to my fullest when I get back to TX. I have also been getting a scrapbook magazine in the month every mail. (The subscription was a thank you gift for watching a friends kids while their new baby was born.) I look forward to it every month because it means that I am one month closer to getting out of here. Well, I better get to sleep now. I promise this time I will update more. I think I might use this as a sounding board and a place to get my thoughts out. I am taking some advice from a good friend who told me to stay active...whether it is writing, exercising, or scrapbooking. So I am going to try and do all 3 and see how it goes! Take care and check back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart friend. We love you and are proud of you. I will be looking for the scrapbooking stuff and Snowbabies. I like the pictures. You will have to take lots of pictues to post from Disney World. Enjoyed the blog. Love, Mom