Saturday, March 10, 2007

Inspired Scrapbooking...Well Once I Get Back

So I have this friend who is more into scrapbooking than I am. She also has a blog that I read on a regular basis. She had this book on her page as a book that she is reading right now. So, I decided to order the book and see what it was all about. It turns out that this is a great book! It has some great ideas in it and really gives some great insight into what scrapbooking is all about. It turns out...scrapbooking is not just about getting pictures into your scrapbook but about sharing your feelings at the time you make a certain page and about preserving lasting memories for your family and friends when you are gone. So I have started writing down all the people that I want to make pages about and all the everyday things that I want to remember. This book also has all sorts of project suggestions in it also. There are so many ways to express yourself and share your memories with others. I am really looking forward to getting back to the states and being able to scrapbook all my ideas that I have going through my head right now. I also got a digital program from the friend whose site that I saw this book on. So, I can start some of it right now! And...my wonderful husband is also going to get me some scrapbooking stuff for my birthday so I am super excited to see what he gets me!

Also, 42 days until Randy and I go on leave!!! Disneyworld here we come. I will keep you all updated on what is going on with what we are going to do on leave and I will make sure to keep a detailed journal of everything we do and don't worry...there will be lots of pictures! I am going to go and get to bed now so I will write again soon.

One more thing, if you guys get emails from me with a bunch of questions in them. Answer them honestly and be patient with all my question asking. I am going to start making lots of sketches of layouts that I want to make so I will need information on various things from all of you. Thank you so much for all of your help as I start on this very fun adventure!
I made this layout while I was playing with my new program that I got. I figured that my mom would like it...don't worry, Toebee has one coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my Faith's page. Mom

Anonymous said...

Didn't know a dog had a pager. Dad

Anonymous said...

Outside of a dog, books are man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. G. Marx

Megan said...

hey christy! looks nice! happy early birthday...